Robert S. Westrol, M.D.
Board Certified and Fellowship Trained
Dr. Westrol began practicing Rehabilitation and Interventional Pain Medicine in Richmond, VA in 2006 following his training in Philadelphia, PA. He has been serving patients in the Upstate since 2010 treating chronic pain with various interventional techniques including image-guided injections, radiofrequency ablation, spinal cord stimulation, and percutaneous procedures for painful varicose veins.
As a Fellowship Trained, Board Certified Interventional Physician, and Diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine, Dr. Westrol is particularly suited to treat his patients’ vein problems and provide the best in minimally invasive treatment options. No longer is painful vein stripping or laser treatment your only option. Dr. Westrol has performed hundreds of endovenous treatments and is trained in the latest techniques including ClosureFast™, ClariVein®IC, Varithena®, VenaSeal™, ambulatory phlebectomy, and ultrasound guided foam sclerotherapy.
Dr. Westrol at a Glance:
- Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation with Sub-Specialty Board Certification in Pain Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- Member of the American College of Phlebology
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from Princeton University
- Medical Doctorate at MCP-Hahnemann University in Philadelphia, PA
- Residency training in Rehabilitation Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University
- Fellowship training in Interventional Pain Medicine at the Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Served as attending physician at the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center, helping to train other physicians in Interventional Pain techniques